44. Fees for appeal to the Appellate Tribunal
(1) Subject to sub-rule (2) below, fees at the rate laid down in the following table shall be payable along with every appeal petition preferred under sub-section (2) of section 5C and the same shall be paid either in cash or remitted by postal order or bank draft to the Secretary to the Tribunal.
TABLE OF FEES
(i) Long Film: Rs.750 irrespective of length and gauge of film;
(ii) Short film: Rs. 100 irrespective of length and gauge of film.
(2) The Chairman of the Appellate Tribunal may at his discretion and for reasons to be recorded in writing, waive the payment of fee in any particular case.
(3) In the event of an appeal being withdrawn before the film is previewed, the Chairman of the Appellate Tribunal may, on application made to it in that behalf, refund to the appellant the amount of fee paid towards appeal after deducting 25 per cent of the amount so paid.
(4) In the event of an appellant failing to present a runnable print before the Appellate Tribunal on the day and time and at the place fixed for preview, an additional fee of 25 per cent of the fee payable for consideration of appeal under the Table in sub-rule (1) above shall be paid before another date and time for the preview of the film is fixed.
(5) If, by mistake, miscalculation or such other reasons, the applicant pays towards fee for the consideration of appeal any amount in excess of the amount of fee payable under these rules, the Chairman of the Appellate Tribunal may, on an application made in that behalf, within a period of one year from the date of appeal has been decided, refund to the applicant the amount so paid in excess.