16. Inspection of, and extracts from, the register
(1) Any person who wishes to inspect the register, other than the special section, shall apply to the Director General along with a Challana or a bank draft referred to in rule 10 evidencing the payment of a fee of rupees twenty-five for each day of inspection.
12[(2) The Director General may allow the applicant to inspect the register at any time during office hours between 10.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on any working day either in his presence or in the presence of any person authorized by him in this behalf.]
(3) The applicant shall not be permitted to take out extracts of any particulars entered in the register, but may be allowed to take notes in pencil of any points from the particulars entered in the register.
(4) Any person who wishes to obtain a certified copy of, or extract from, any particulars entered in the register, other than the special section, shall apply to the Director General and such application shall be accompanied by a fee of rupee one for every one hundred words required to be copied, or extracted.
(5) A copy issued under sub-rule (4) of this rule shall be certified to be a true copy by the Director General or any officer authorized by him in this behalf.]