1. Sit in a kneeling position with the buttocks resting on the heels of the feet.
2. Lean forward and place the forearms on the floor in front while keeping the elbows about shoulder distance apart. Interlock the fingers of both hands.
3. Place the top of the head flat on the floor with the back of the head pressed against the inside of the interlocked fingers.
4. Placing the tips of the toes firmly on the floor while lifting the heels, raise the knees off the floor.
5. Hold for the duration of the held inhaled breath. When you can’t hold the breath comfortable any longer, slowly exhale and return the back to the floor, slide the legs out straight returning to the shava-asana.