Harrasement from day 1

Welcome Forums Law General Questions Harrasement from day 1

  • This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • #579

      Hello everyone,

      I am pooja, unmarried daughter. I am living with my parents. In Dec 2003, my brother found his partner himself. From day 1, she is harassing us. Before marriage, she is interfering in our household affairs. After marriage, she created many issues. We asked her to settle with us but she insisted that she will live upstairs. We never hesitated. She constructed upstairs according to her convenience but kitchen was common in beginning. She used to stay outside whole day and at meal time, used to enter and assumed herself as guest of 5star suite.My mother once asked her to cook, she said that she is not maid but if you want that I cook, then give me whole authority including all assets. At this, my parents decided to separate her and have her own kitchen. Now she is living separately but still interferes in our affairs.

      The worst part is her verbal communication. She follows a policy when my brother goes out, she starts speaking. She creates scene and starts speaking loudly outside our door and use abusive and foul language. This time, she called my parents blind and deaf and when I complained my brother, she said your sister is a big liar and your parents are supporting her. Well everything passed, but now again, she started using foul language, I have advised my parents not to utter word when she begins but she never ends.

      This story goes on and there is no end but my parents are tortured. They are harassed so much that they may develop physical and mental problems. My father cannot walk properly and she is responsible for this. He is a diabetic patient and due to mental torture, he developed this physical problem. I am helpless, what to do? As there is no law against protection of in-laws and daughter…and she is killing as day by day by harassing that she will dial a number and lodge FIR…Please suggest something…

    • #3241

      If your parents separated her & your brother, you have no concern with them, even though she is harassing you may prosecute her . Write in detail complaint to police as your parents are senior citizen, and if offenses are non cognizable you may file criminal case against her before the court of Magistrate. You separate them by executing document of deed of partition prior to that.

      http://www.jaihindlegal.com 9821387099, 9224799546

    • #3242

      What your brother is saying; he is also with her ?

      Keep record of all her ill treatment, abuse and harassment, so you can produce it to police/court when time comes.

      do as Adv.Kachave says, or you can contact our local members if you are in metropolitan city, they will guide you.

    • #3243

      Thanks Sir. I really appreciate your advice. I am an educated girl and understands that this is required for personal safety. If everything had been in my hands, I would have done it immediately. I will talk to my parents, and make them understand the whole situation. My father still believes that it will end when he will go in his own house. From past 2 years, my brother is saying, he will go and live in his own house but he always changes his mind (Puzzled why?)

      Last time in September, when she created scene, she was impossible and tried to prove my mother as mental and said that my father is deaf and blind. When this all was going, I simply dialed the cell number of my brother, but my brother did not bother to listen all this conversation and said we all are liars and she is innocent and in fact she has problems with us. We said, if you have problems, why don’t you move to your house (my brother has bought his own but never goes.. every time, he has an excuse and then sells and reinvest). My parents are living in this society from 1982 and known for their politeness and behaviour but the day she joined our family, she has spoiled our reputation and we dare not stand outside. When I move here and there (like going upstairs), she passes comments as anti social elements do. We cant even breathe in our own house. Earlier, I used to get provoke but now whenever she speaks, I never reply or protect my parents, then she starts calling me bad names and use foul language against me.

      Dr Dsouza…Yes my brother is with her because he calls us liar.Let me know, what type of records shall I maintain?

      Moreover, every week, she calls her sister and they stand on stairs and passe comments. Her mother and unmarried sister, they visit often and stay here and her mother herself is rude so what can we expect from her?

      She harasses us by just one line, “Ek number gumaongi, aur saaro ko ander karvadongi…teri beti ke saath?

      My parents have developed fear and day by day, their health is worsening. But being today’s girl, I think, why should we be afraid if we have not done any wrong. We never ill treated her. She lives upstairs, cooks separately, so what bond do we have that makes us criminal? Is daughter-in law always right? Are they not misusing our law? Had she ever harassed her mother? When in beginning, she created scene, my dad said that do not argue with her, we will settle with her mother, she said ” dare not call her, she is ill, and if she suffers, I will not leave you” That’s great, so my parents are not parents, and if I protect them (since boys have worn bangles) then she threatens my parents that make her quite, otherwise, I will lodge complaint…Wow..that’s perfect..Indian bahus…

      In addition, she hails from sadar bazaar, all her sisters settled themselves and younger sister was engaged two years back but my sister in law, argued with the boy, and they broke the relation.Well its not my concern but I really want to teach her a lesson in an educated way and not in her way.


    • #3244

      if brother is not listening then there is no option left. there are henpecked men.

      provoke her to abuse and threten you, dont shout at her or curse,record all her abuse in your mobile and keep it in your original mobile only. do not tell anyone.

      once you get such evidence 2/3 times you can approch Police

      as she can dial one number you can dial one number too….

      so with all your proofs make a petition to police on your mothers behalf and file Domestic Violence case on your brother with your mobile evidence and ask court to restrain him from coming 100m near to your parents house. he asked for it, he will get.

      read more about DV here http://mynation.net/laws/bare-acts/pwdva/pwdva.htm

      call our Delhi numbers if you need any guidence. http://mynation.net/contact-us/

    • #3245

      Thanks Sir, I will keep you updated before I take a major step

    • #3246

      act before its too late.

      strike the enemy before they plan.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.