Civil Procedure Code 1908
5. Application of the Code to Revenue Courts
(1) Where any Revenue Courts are governed by the provisions of this Code in those matters of procedure upon which any special enactment applicable to them is silent, the State Government 1[***] may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare that any portions of those provisions which are not expressly made applicable by this Code shall not apply to those Courts, or shall only apply to them with such modifications as the State Government 2[***] may prescribe.
(2) “Revenue Court” in sub-section (1) means a Court having jurisdiction under any local law to entertain suits or other proceedings relating to the rent, revenue or profits of land used for agricultural purposes, but does not include a Civil Court having original jurisdiction under this Code to try such suits or proceedings as being suits or proceedings of a civil nature.
1. The words “with the previous sanction of the G.G. in C”, omitted by Act 38 of 1920, sec. 2 and Sch. I.
2. The words “with sanction aforesaid” omitted by Act 38 of 1920, sec. 2 and Sch. I.