Civil Procedure Code 1908
67. Power for State Government to make rules as to sales of land in execution of decrees for payment of money.
1[(1)] The State Government 2[***] may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for any local area imposing conditions in respect of the sale of any class of interests in land in execution of decrees for the payment of money, where such interests are so uncertain or undermined as, in the opinion of the State Government to make it impossible to fix their value.
3[(2) When on the date on which this Code came into operation in any local area, any special rules as to sale of and in execution of decrees were in force therein, the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare such rules to be in force, or may 4[***] by a like notification, modify the same.
Every notification issued in the exercise of the powers conferred by this sub-section shall set out the rules so continued or modified.]
4[(3) Every rule made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before the State Legislature.]
1. Section 67 renumbered as sub-section (1) of that section by Act 1 of 1914, sec. 3.
2. The words “with the previous sanction of the G.G. in C.,” omitted by Act 38 of 1920, sec. 2 and Sch. I.
3. Added by Act 1 of 1914, sec. 3.
4. Ins. by Act No. 20 of 1983, sec. 2 and Sch. (w.e.f. 15-3-1984).