The Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961
10. Power of State Government to make rules –
(1) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely :-
(a) The additional functions to be performed by the Dowry Prohibition Officers under sub section (2) of Section 8B.
(b) Limitations and conditions subject to which a Dowry Prohibition Officer may exercise his functions under sub section (3) of section 8B.
(3) Every rule made by the State Government under this section shall be laid as soon as may be after it is made before the State Legislature.
1. Subs. by Act 43 of 1986, sec. 9, for section 10 (w.e.f. 19-11-1986).