3. Saving of jurisdiction of Courts of Wards and Chartered High Courts.-
This Act shall be read subject to every enactment heretofore or hereafter passed relating to any Court of Wards by 1[any competent Legislature, authority or person in 2[any State to which this Act extends]]; and nothing in this Act shall be construed to effect or in any way derogate from, the jurisdiction or authority of any Court of Wards, or to take away any power possessed by 3[any High Court 4[***]].
1. Subs. by the A.O., 1937 for “the Governor-General in Council or by a Governor or Lieutenant-Governor in Council”.
2. Subs. by Act 3 of 1951, sec. 3 and Sch., for “Part A States and Part C States”.
3. Subs. by the A.O., 1937, for “any High Court established under the Statutes 24 and 25 Victoria, Chapter 104 (an Act for establishing High Courts of Judicature in India)”.
4. The words “established in Part A States and Part C States’’, omitted by Act 3 of 1951, sec. 3 and Sch.