1. Take six spoon full of water and add two spoon full of pure vinegar into it and mix them throughly. Apply the mixture on the scalp with cotton wool swab before going to bed. Place a towel on the pillow to protect it from staining. Wash your head next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Do this on any one day for at least three months if you want to get rid of dandruff.
2. Massage the scalp with almond oil and steam bathe your hair. Steam bath is taken by dipping the towel in boiling water and wrapping it around the hair, like a turban. Do not let the corners of your towel be wet, so that you can hold them. When your towel gets cold repeat it thrice or four times. Steaming opends the scalp pores and increases the capacity of the hair to absorb oil at its roots.
3. You can also take a spoon full of lemon juice. Mix it with two spoon full of vinegar and massage the mixture on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo.
4. Oil hair well before going to bed. Next morning mix 1 tspn of limejuice with ½ tspn salt. Rub the mixture on the scalp with the peel of a lime turned inside out. Leave for 1 hour before shampooing.
5. Dandruff can be removed by massaging the hair for half an hour with curd which has been kept in the open for three days or with a few drops of lime juice mixed with alma juice every night before going to bed.
6. Take one part of almond oil, and pure sulphur in same quantity. Mix and add ‘surgical spirit’ in the quantity equal to the above two. Put four parts distilled water or rose water and rub on the scalp.
7. Mix one tspn of Fenugreek seed powder with an an egg. Apply the mixture and leave for ½ an hour before shampooing the hair. This works as a very good dandruff home remedy.
8. You can also prepare a homemade mixture of 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice with 100 grams witch hazel in 200ml of water and use it on washed hair. Applying the mixture several times as it is helpful in curing the problem of dandruff.
9. Aa herbal hair pack can be prepared at home by mixing henna powder, curd, ritha power together. Now apply the mixture on the head and keep it for atleast ½ an hour and afterwards wash off with water, after this wash your head with a herbal lime based shampoo for dandruff. Lime is good for curing dandruff aswell as it behaves as a good conditioner.