At a time when swine flu is taking lives across the globe with India being no exception to it, very few know that its sure shot treatment is hidden in the country itself. The oldest mode of medicine — Ayurveda has a cure for the much talked about swine flu. While there is panic among people when it comes to the tests and medication of the H1N1 virus, the Ayurveda and Homeopathy experts claim to know methods of prevention and cure of the disease.
In contrast to Allopathy medication being preferred by the apprehensive patients, there are few takers of the ayurveda and the homeopathy medicines even if it claims to provide hundred per cent treatment. “The disease (swine flu) and its treatment is already mentioned in our old books of medicines by sages. On the basis of the symptoms of swine flu, it has been given the name `vatashlesmic‘ fever in the ayurvedic medicine books.”
“Whenever there is a change in the environment due to spurt in growth of any kind of virus, human beings are the first one to be affected by it. For treating a patient infected with H1N1 virus, ayurvedic medicines like Sanjawini Vati and Tribhuvan Kriti Ras can be given. These medicines are prepared by mixing 12-14 ayurvedic ingredients selected on the basis of the symptoms of the viral disease.”
Ayurveda claims to have preventive medicine for H1N1 infection also. “On the basis of symptoms like cough, cold, sore throat and fever, one cannot be considered as a patient of swine flu. So to be on the safer side, one could take a medicine named as Gurahi for the sake of prevention. Apart from this, one can also have tea or hot water adding black tulsi leaves to it and following other hygienic practices like using mask etc.”
However, it is not only Ayurveda that has a cure for the flu. Homeopathy also claims to have medication for H1N1 treatment. No matter that homeopathic treatment involves a slow process of curing any disease, its practitioners still consider it to be effective in treating swine flu. “Swine flu is an influenza like illness, where primary symptoms are very much similar to those of influenza. Thus one can take Influnzenium 200 as a preventive medicine. Three doses each after 10 minutes within 24 hours can develop an immunity against H1N1 virus.”
Ayurveda is known for its effectiveness against stubborn diseases. However, an Ayurvedic approach to swine flu is not described in Ayurvedic texts directly; one can surely find some signs and symptoms of swine flu.
You can find s-flu treatment in Ayurveda that helps in relieving the fever, sore throat, body ache, malaise, chills, debility and a typical flu like symptoms. Ayurveda describes flu as the result of reduced immunity that is further weakened due to microorganisms’ attack. Ayurvedic treatment for spine flu includes the herbal medicines that help in boosting the immunity while enlightening the digestive fire.
In Ayurveda, health ailments like swine flu are because of weakened immunity that the body cannot withstand against the attack of disease causing germs. Ayurveda, as always, believes in strengthening the body systems that fight and win the battle against H1N1 Virus. This is done by prescribing various digestive fire strengthening herbs such as Guduchi (licorice), Tulasi (Holy Basil), Sahadevi, Neem (Indian Margosa Tree), Shunthi (ginger), Pippali (pepper) etc. Once the digestive fire is corrected, medicines such as Triphala, Rasna, Eranda, Guggulu can be prescribed to relieve the symptoms.
The whole body is to be cleansed and that is why, a person should be on a very light diet. The lukewarm water is to be supplied to keep digestive fire alive. Junk, canned, packed food is to be avoided strictly. Ayurveda for s-flu describes adding spices such as cumin seeds, asafetida, turmeric, coriander etc that help in boosting the digestion and also helps in cleansing the intestines -making them free of toxic material. Elderberry extract, Echinacea extract and Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is likely to give good and satisfactory results.
In case of stuffy nose, the oil of eucalyptus (nilgiri in Ayurveda) is believed to be benefiting. One can have the steam of this oil (by putting a few drops into lukewarm water and then inhaling the steam). This helps in clearing the nasal track and keeps the respiratory tract healthier. Body massage may help but is contraindicated in fever. Taking rest and giving body enough time to fight the microorganisms is a key factor to get faster recovery.
In ayurveda flu symptoms include fever, body ache, soreness in the throat, feeling cold, debility which are similar to H1NI virus symptoms. We understand that flu is due to decreased immunity levels which weakens body mechanism to fight against foreign attacks. To treat swine flu, ayurveda mentions some herbs which can help boost you body immune system and help fight any foreign micro organisms. Here are certain time tested herbs in ayurveda which can be effective in preventing flu which include Neem, Ginger, Pepper and Elderberry extract. Once the body becomes strong internally after the intake of these herbs then herbs like Echinacea and Triphala are given to completely remove any symptoms one might have of flu. Echinacea is a very prominent herb in ayurveda to treat any type of flu. It is used as a natural antibiotic, treats infections, increases body s resistance against diseases and helps in purification of blood. Fruits containing vitamin c and zinc oxide are also help in fighting against flu symptoms. If you have any flu symptoms you should act as soon as possible take those herbs/extracts and there is no need to panic as flu is completely curable but prevention is better than cure so if you have a weak digestive system try to strengthen it by adding spices like turmeric and coriander in your food and avoid junk and canned foods. You should take complete rest,
Following r the prevention methods:-
1. Have five duly washed leaves of Tulsi (known as Basil in English; medicinal name Ocimum sanctum) everyday in the morning. Tulsi has a large number of therapeutic properties. It keeps throat and lungs clear and helps in infections by way of strengthening your immunity.
2. Those who can take garlic, must have two pods of raw garlic first thing in the morning. To be swallowed daily with lukewarm water. Garlic too strengthens immunity like the earlier measures mentioned.
3. Those not allergic to milk, must take a glass of hot or lukewarm milk every night with a small measure of haldi (turmeric).
4. Aloe vera (gwarpatha) too is a commonly available plant. Its thick and long, cactus-like leaves have an odourless gel. A teaspoon gel taken with water daily can work wonders for not only your skin and joint pains, but also boost immunity.
5. Have citrus fruits, particularly Vitamin C rich Amla (Indian gooseberry) juice. Since fresh Amla is not yet available in the market (not for another three to four months), it is not a bad idea to buy packaged Amla juice which is commonly available nowadays.
6. Last but not the least, wash your hands frequently every day with soap and warm water for 15-20 seconds; especially before meals, or each time after touching a surface that you suspect could be contaminated with flu virus such as a door handle or a knob/handle, especially if you have returned from a public place or used public transport. Alcohol-based hand cleaners should be kept handy at all times and used until you can get soap and warm water.
7. use Nilgiri (Eucalyptus) oil drops on ur hanky n masks to prevent urself.
8.take 60 leaves of tulsi
30 leaves of bel patta (Bay leaves)
10 black pepper
Big spoon of Turmeric
boil them together in water,till reduced to half,Drink this water in any form u want to be it for drinking water or having tea.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY.