IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI
Judgment delivered on:23.10.2018
POOJA SINGH ….. Petitioner
STATE OF NCT ORS ….. Respondents
Advocates who appeared in this case:
For the Petitioner : Mr. Rajeev Kumar, Advocate with petitioner in person.
For the Respondent : Mr. Hirein Sharma, APP for the State.
SI Dharamvir Singh, PS CWC Nanak Pura.
Mr. Varun Agarwal, Advocate for respondents with respondents in person.
CORAM:- HON’BLE MR JUSTICE SANJEEV SACHDEVA
SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J. (ORAL)
Exemption is allowed subject to all just exceptions.
1. Petitioner seeks quashing of FIR No.127/2012 under Sections 498A/406/34 IPC, Police Station Crime (Women) Cell, Nanakpura, based on a settlement.
2. The petitioner, who is the complainant, has filed this petition contending that she has reconciled her disputes with her husband and his family, who are arrayed as respondent Nos.2 to 5 and has started residing together with them.
3. Petitioner is present in Court in person and is represented by counsel. She submits that in case the subject FIR continues, it may cause disruption to her family life once again and, as such, she has approached the Court seeking quashing of the subject FIR.
4. Respondent Nos.2 to 5 is also present in Court in person. They also submit that they have settled the disputes with the petitioner. They undertake that they shall not give any cause of concern to the petitioner in future.
5. Keeping in view the peculiar facts and circumstances of the case and the fact that the complainant herself has approached the Court for quashing of the subject FIR in the interest of protecting her family ties, continuation of criminal proceedings will be an exercise in futility and justice in the case demands that the dispute between the parties is put to an end and peace is restored; securing the ends of justice being the ultimate guiding factor, it would be expedient to quash the subject FIR and the consequent proceedings emanating therefrom.
6. In view of the above, the petition is allowed. FIR No.127/2012 under Section 498A/406/34 IPC, Police Station Crime (Women) Cell, Nanakpura and the consequent proceedings emanating there from are quashed.
7. Order Dasti under the signatures of the Court Master.
OCTOBER 23, 2018 SANJEEV SACHDEVA, J