15. Presentation and scrutiny of petition
(1) The office of the Bench shall endorse on every petition the date on which it is presented.
(2) If, on scrutiny, the petition is found to be in order, it shall be duly registered and given a serial number.
(3) If the petition, on scrutiny, is found to be defective and the defect noticed is formal in nature, the Secretary or Bench Officer may allow the party to rectify the same in his presence and if the said defect is not formal in nature, the Secretary or Bench Officer may allow the petitioner such time to rectify the defect as he may deem fit.
(4) Where the petitioner is aggrieved by the order made by the Secretary or Bench Officer under sub-regulation (3), the matter shall be placed before the Bench for its order and it shall be competent for a single member of the Bench to issue necessary direction which shall be deemed to be the direction of the Bench.