6. Claim for payment
(1) Any person applying to the Central Government under section 205B of the Act shall make such application in Form II, 2[***], to the Registrar of Companies concerned under his own signature or through a person holding a power of attorney.
(2) On receipt of the application referred to in sub-rule (1), the Registrar of Companies concerned shall verify from his records and certify whether the claimant is entitled to the money claimed by him.
(3) Where the claimant’s title to the aforesaid money has been established to the satisfaction of the Registrar of Companies, the Registrar of Companies may direct the claimant (not being the Central Government, a State Government, a Government company within the meaning of section 617 of the Act or a public financial institution within the meaning of section 4A of the Act or a local authority) to execute an indemnity bond with or without surety in Form III, or as near thereto as may be, on a non-judicial stamp paper of the value payable in the state of execution.
(4) On receipt of the indemnity bond, if any duly executed by the claimant, the Registrar of Companies shall issue a payment order in Part B of Form II sanctioning the payment of the amount due to the claimant giving directions to the Pay and Accounts Officer of the Department of Company Affairs to issue a cheque in favor of the claimant and the pay and Accounts Officer shall draw the cheque accordingly and send it to the Registrar of Companies.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rules (3) and (4), the Registrar of Companies may, where the amount claimed is not more than 4[two thousand five hundred rupees] and the claimant established his title to the money claimed to his satisfaction, issue an order sanctioning the payment of the amount due to the claimant without production of the indemnity bond referred to sub-rule(4).
5[(6) The claimant shall deliver to the Registrar of Companies a stamped pre-receipt bearing his signature and signatures of two witnesses with his application in Form II].
(7) The Registrar of Companies shall, in the accounts maintained by him cause a note to be made of all payments made under sub-rule (6).
(8) The amounts paid to the claimants under this rule shall be classified in the accounts as “Deduct Refunds” under “068 – Miscellaneous General Services – Unpaid Dividends of Companies.”
Rules and Regulations of India