327. Liquidator’s statements under section 551
In a voluntary winding-up or a winding-up under the supervision of the Court, the statements required to be filed under section 551 with respect to the proceedings in and position of the liquidation of a company the winding-up of which is not concluded within a year after its commencement, shall be filed with the Registrar of Companies twice in every year as follows :
(1) The first statement, commencing from the date when a liquidator was first appointed and brought down to the end of twelve months from the commencement of the winding-up, shall be filed within one month from the expiration of such twelve months, and subsequent statements shall be filed at intervals of half a year, each statement being brought down to the end of the half year for which it is filed. Where the winding-up is concluded before the expiration of a half-yearly interval, the final statement of account brought down to the close of the winding-up shall be filed forthwith.
(2) Where the time for filing the statement has expired, the Court may on application extend the time, and unless the Court otherwise orders, the costs of such application shall be borne by the liquidator personally.
(3) The statement shall be in Form No. 153 (with such variations as may be necessary in the case of the final account), and shall be prepared in accordance with the instructions contained in the Form, and verified by an affidavit in Form No. 154.
(4) Where the liquidator has not, during any period for which the statement has to be filed, received or paid any money on account of the company, he shall, at the period when he is required to file his statement, file with the Registrar of Companies the prescribed statement in the above Form No. 153, in duplicate, containing the particulars therein required with respect to the proceedings in and the position of the liquidation, together with an affidavit of no receipts or payments.
(5) Every statement shall be filed in duplicate with the Registrar of Companies, and, in a winding-up under the supervision of the Court, a copy of the statement shall also be filed in the Court, within the time prescribed in clause (1) above.