4. Presentation and scrutiny of applications.
(1) The Registrar, or the officer authorized by the Registrar shall endorse on every application the date on which it is presented or deemed to have been presented under that rule and shall sign the endorsement.
(2) If, on scrutiny, the application is found to be in order, it shall be duly registered and given a serial number.
(3) If the application, on scrutiny, is found to be defective, and the defect noticed is formal in nature, the Registrar may allow the party to rectify the same in his presence, and if the said defect is not formal in nature, the Registrar may allow the applicant such time to rectify the defect as he may deem fit.
(4) If the applicant fails to rectify the defect within the time allowed under sub rule (3), the Registrar may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, decline to register the application.
(5) An appeal against the order of the Registrar under sub rule (4) shall be made within 15 days of the making of such order to the Tribunal whose decision thereon shall be final.
Rules and Regulations of India