Q. What should I do if a false Medico Legal Case (MLC) has been filed against me?
Ans. In case of false Medico Legal Cases, please consider the following points:
1. Check the distance from the place of alleged assault versus the hospital where MLC has been done
2. Date of alleged assault versus date of MLC
3. Disease condition mentioned versus treatment given
4. Seriousness of the condition mentioned versus treatment given
Documents you may collect:
1. Admission papers
2. Doctor’s notes
3. Investigation reports
4. Chief nurse’s store records
5. Ward nurse’s store records
6. Discharge ticket
7. Blood bank request
8. Copy of action taken report on call to 100
Further investigations that may be done:
1. Speak to hospital workers including doctors, nursing staff and class 4 employees to find out about the medical officer who conducted that MLC. It might be more helpful to interview the hospital workers working in the same ward where the patient was allegedly admitted.
2. Find out in newspapers about similar false MLC from same or other hospitals: collect paper cuttings and e-paper pdf
I also request your suggestions.