2-3 cups wheat flour
3″ chunk bottle gourd
3 french beans
1 tbsp. peas
1 thin slice cabbage
1 cup fenugreek (methi) greens, cleaned
3-4 green chillies
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
3-4 pinches asafetida powder
2 pinches soda bicard or baking powder
1 tbsp. sour curds
Salt to taste
Very little oil to drizzle (optional)
1. Chop fenugreek leaves finely, keep aside.
2. Put carrot, onion, gourd, cabbage, peas, chillies, beans in a vegetable chopper.
3. Chop to very fine pieces, add to chopped leaves.
4. Add all other ingredients, except oil and flour.
5. Add two cups flour, mix, and add more if required.
6. Knead to a not-too-soft dough, till all ingredients are well mixed.
7. Divide into 12-15 portions, depending on size of parathas required.
8. Make round balls of each portion.
9. Heat griddle, while rolling one parathas, using dry flour for dusting.
10. Roast on one side first, flip and brown other side.
11. Use a kitchen brush to add minimal oil to parathas on both sides.
12. Roast to golden, take off fire.
13. Repeat for remaining paratha dough.
14. Serve hot with mint or green chutney.