1 cup toasted split gram
1/2 tsp. sugar powdered
4 large flakes garlic
1/2 tsp. oil
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1/4 tsp. asafoetida powder
3 stalks curry leaves
5 red chillies dry
1 tsp. salt (or to taste)
2 tsp. red chilli powder
1. Heat oil in a heavy pan and add the garlic.
2. Stir and add cumin, asafoetida, curry leaves, chillies.
3. Add the toasted split gram, take off fire and stir to mix well.
4. Leave till cooled completely.
5. To this add salt, chilli powder and sugar.
6. Grind all to a fine powder and store in an airtight jar at room temperature