500 gm kid/tender lamb
200 gm pure ghee
6-8 red Kashmiri chillies (whole)
Salt to taste
1. Trim fat and gristle off the meat and cut into small pieces. Wash and soak the red chillies in water.
2. Heat the ghee in a heavy base pan. Add the meat and sear all sides. Add salt to taste and enough water to cook the meat.Simmer gently on a low flame till the meat is tender.
3. Tear the chillies into 2 or 3 pieces and add to the cooking meat along with the water.
4. Cook till all the water is absorbed and the ghee separates from the meat.
5. Serve with roti or paratha.