SC and HC Judgments Online at MyNation

Judgments of Supreme Court of India and High Courts

Paramveer Singh S/O Guru Baksh … vs State Of Rajasthan Through Pp on 25 January, 2019


S.B. Criminal Miscellaneous (Petition) No. 8120/2018

Paramveer Singh S/o Guru Baksh Singh, R/o Vinoba Bahve
Nagar, Kota At Present House No. 351 B, R K Puram, Kota
1. State Of Rajasthan Through Pp, Raj.
2. Smt. Satvant Kaur W/o Paramveer Singh D/o Kripal Singh
By Caste Sikh, R/o Punjabi Colony Bara, Kotwali Bara,

For Petitioner(s) : Mr. Amit Dadhich
For Respondent(s) : Mr. VS Godara PP




The present petition has been filed under Section 482

Cr.P.C. seeking quashing of FIR No. 143/2018 registered at Police

Station Women Police Station, Baran for the offences under

Sections 498A, 406 and 120B IPC and Section 4 of Dowry

Prohibition Act.

Learned counsel for the petitioner has submitted that

on 14.9.2005 marriage of the petitioner was solemnized with the

respondent no.2. Learned counsel for the petitioner has contended

that after thirteen years of marriage, the impugned FIR has been


A perusal of the FIR reveals that specific allegations of

maltreatment and cruelty have been levelled against the

petitioner. From perusal of the FIR, offence under Section 498A
(2 of 2) [CRLMP-8120/2018]

IPC is made out. The complainant has also made a grievance that

her Stridhan has been retained by the petitioner.

Learned counsel for the petitioner has contended that

the police at Baran has no territorial jurisdiction to try the offences

as parties last resided at Kota.

Attention of the learned counsel for the petitioner has

been drawn to Section 181(4) Cr.P.C., and same reads as under:-

“181. Place of trial in case of certain offences.
(4)Any offence of criminal misappropriation or of criminal
breach of trust may be inquired into or tried by a Court within
whose local jurisdiction the offence was committed or any part
of the property which is the subject of the offence was received
or retained, or was required to be returned or accounted for, by
the accused person.”

As per Section 181(4) Cr.P.C., the petitioner has to

return the Stridhan at the place where wife is residing. The

petitioner has not returned the Stridhan at the place where the

complainant at present is living.

Because of Section 181(4) Cr.P.C. offence under Section

406 IPC can be investigated at Police Station Baran. Therefore,

police station at Baran has territorial jurisdiction to investigate the


In view of above, non interference is warranted and the

present petition being devoid of merits is dismissed.



Powered by TCPDF (

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2021 SC and HC Judgments Online at MyNation

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Sectioin 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation