Welcome › Forums › Advice › Maintenance › rules regarding the maintenance of the list of presents ? › Reply To: rules regarding the maintenance of the list of presents ?
1. The bride must maintain the list of presents given to her at the time of marriage.
2. The bridegroom must maintain the list of presents received by him.
3. These lists must be prepared at the time of marriage or as soon as possible thereafter.
4. They must be in writing.
5. They must contain the following:
– a brief description of each present;
– the name of the giver;
– its approximate value;
– his relationship to the receiver of the gift.
– The signatures (or thumb impression, if illiterate) of both the bride and the bridegroom.
Attesting this list by any of the relatives present at the marriage is at the option of the bridegroom.