2 lbs. Beef (lean meat) cut into small cubes
2 carrot cut into oblong shape
1 ½ cup green beans cut into half
1 ½ cup cabbage cut into chunks
2 medium potatoes cut into cubes
1 medium tomato cubed
Roast the following ingredients with little oil:
2 medium onions, chopped
8 cloves of garlic
2 green chilies
Dry Ingredients to roast separately:
2 tbsp. coriander seeds
1 tbsp. cumin seeds
8 pepper corns
2” cinnamon stick
2 tsp. cuscus
4 Kashmir chilies or 2 tsp. red chili powder
¼ tsp. turmeric powder
1 ½ tbsp. sour cream (you can substitute for coconut milk)
1 small onion, sliced
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Roast all the dry ingredients one by one and let them cool off.
2. Now fry onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies. Take them off when the onions turn into translucent.
3. First, powder all the dry ingredients in a blender then add turmeric powder.
4. Now add sour cream and roasted onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies and grind them to a fine paste.
5. Pressure cook beef with little salt. Once it is cooked remove the meat and keep it aside, and in the same water, first cook green beans, then potato, carrot, cabbage and tomato. When the vegetables are cooked, remove and add them to the beef and keet them aside.
6. Add little oil in the cooking pot and fry onion until light brown, add ground paste and fry for a little while.
7. Now add cooked meat and vegetables, give it a boil, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Serve with rice or pan pole (Neer dosa).