1 cup – white rice (Washed and soaked in water for 5-6 hours OR overnight)
2 tbsp – grated coconut, fresh/frozen
1/2 – big-sized cucumber, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
Salt to taste
2 to 3 tsp – oil
1. Grind the soaked while rice, grated coconut and the cucumber chunks to a smooth paste.
2. Add salt, water and mix well.
3. Add enough water to make it a watery mix, with similar consistency as butter milk or Uppu Huli Dosa/Neeru dosa batter.
4. Heat a non stick tava on medium heat.
5. Sprinkle a few drops of oil over it.
6. Once hot, take a ladle full of dosa batter and spill all over the tava little by little.
7. Tilt the tava to spread evenly. However, you will NOT be able to spread the batter with the back of the ladle like the usual dosa batter as it is very watery.
8. Spread some grated cucumber from the top; Sprinkle few more drops of oil on the dosa and cook covered until done; It might take a couple of minutes.
9. Once done, fold the dosa into half and then to another half to form a triangle. Note that this dosa is to be cooked only on one side.
10. Remove from stove and serve hot with any chutney/saagu or side dish of your choice.
Note: You can even keep the batter thick and spread the dosa with the back of the ladle, like how you would do for ordinary dosas with urad dal. But I prefer making the batter watery… Dosas turn out thinner and softer this way