500 g – jaggery
250 g – wheat flour
1/2 litre – coconut milk
250 g – ghee
150 g – sliced finely cashewnuts
1 tbsp – powdered cardamoms
1/4 tsp – grated nutmeg
1. Put enough water in flour to make a soft dough.
2. Set aside whole night, then pass through a fine sieve.
3. Dissolve jaggery in 2 litres water then strain.
4. Mix together dough, jaggery syrup and coconut milk and cook over a slow fire till the mixture turns thick.
5. Now put in the cashewnuts, cardamoms and nutmeg.
6. Mix well then put little ghee at a time, when all the ghee has been used up and it starts leaving the halwa, remove from fire and put in a greased thali.
7. Level the surface, cover with foil and when cold cut into small pieces according to your choice.