For the koftas
instant gulabjamoon mix: 200 gms
mixed dry fruits : like cashew, pista, badam, raisins
cream / malai: 100gms
paneer / khoya: 75 gms
milk: 150 ml
cashewnuts: 50 gms
white pepper powder: 3 tbsp
sugar: 2 ½ tsp
grated ginger: 2 tbsp
nutmeg powder: ¼ tsp
turmeric: ½ tsp
garlic: 5 pods
green chillies: 5 – 6
salt: as per taste
oil / ghee: 3 tbspMethod
1. Mix the Gulabjamoon mix as directed on the pack and make round balls (kofta’s) keeping the mixed nuts in the center.
2. Deep fry them in oil on a low flame until golden brown in color and keep aside.
3. Dry roast cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and cloves together.
4. Dry grind and keep aside. Wet grind all the other ingredients and keep aside.
5. Heat oil / ghee in a kadai, add the powdered spices and fry for one minute.
6. Add the Cashew-Paneer paste and fry well and keep stirring so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
7. Add water till the desired consistency and let it boil for 10 min. When oil starts oozing out off the sides add salt accordingly.
8. Pour the hot gravy over the kofta’s just before serving and garnish with green coriander leaves and grated cheese.
9. Serve hot with parathas or rice.