Laws and Bare Acts of India at

MyNation Foundation Online Law Library

Section 80R – Income Tax Act, 1961

Income Tax Act, 1961




Where the gross total income of an individual who is a citizen of India includes any remuneration received by him outside India from any University or other educational institution established outside India or any other association or body established outside India, for any service rendered by him during his stay outside India in his capacity as a professor, teacher or research worker in such University, institution, association or body, there shall be allowed, in computing the total income of the individual, a deduction from such remuneration of an amount equal to seventy-five per cent of such remuneration, as is brought into India by, or on behalf of, the assessee in convertible foreign exchange within a period of six months from the end of the previous year or within such further period as the competent authority may allow in this behalf:


Provided that no deduction under this section shall be allowed unless the assessee furnishes a certificate, in the prescribed form, along with the return of income, certifying that the deduction has been correctly claimed in accordance with the provisions of this section.


Explanation. – For the purposes of this section, the expression “competent authority” means the Reserve Bank of India or such other authority as is authorised under any law for the time being in force for regulating payments and dealings in foreign exchange.



Previous | Next


Income Tax Act, 1961 


Indian Laws – Bare Acts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2021 Laws and Bare Acts of India at

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation