Sit in any comfortable cross-legged position.
1. Straighten the legs out in front. Bend the right knee and bring the heel of the right foot close to the left hip.
2. Inhale and bend the left knee upward and place the left foot flat on the floor to the right of the right leg with the ankle touching the right thigh.
3. While turning the spine to the left straighten the right arm bringing it around to the outside of the left knee and grasp the left foot with the right hand.
4. Turn your head as far as possible to the left and bend the left arm behind your back. Keep your spine, neck and head aligned and continue to exert effort at turning to the left.
5. Repeat the posture the other side by reversing directions 2-6.