Welcome › Forums › Advice › Domestic Violence › What are the forms of "cruelty" recognized by the Courts ? › Reply To: What are the forms of "cruelty" recognized by the Courts ?
* Persistent denial of food,
* Insisting on perverse sexual conduct,
* Constantly locking a woman out of the house,
* Denying the woman access to children, thereby causing mental torture,
* Physical violence,
* Taunting,demoralising and putting down the woman with the intention of causing mental torture,
* Confining the woman at home and not allowing her normal social intercourse,
* Abusing children in their mother’s presence with the intention of causing her mental torture,
* Denying the paternity of the children with the intention of inflicing mental pain upon the mother, and * Threatening divorce unless dowry is given.