17. General effect of vesting of undertakings in the Corporations.—
(1) The undertaking of each of the existing air companies which is transferred to and which vests in either of the Corporations under section 16 shall, subject to the provisions of section 22, be deemed to include all assets, rights, powers, authorities and privileges and all property, movable and immovable, including lands, works, workshops, aircraft, cash balances, reserve funds, investments and book debts and all other rights and interests arising out of such property as were immediately before the appointed date in the ownership, possession or power of the existing air company in relation to the undertaking, whether within or without India, and all books of account and documents relating thereto, and, subject to the provisions contained in section 22, shall also be deemed to include all borrowings, liabilities and obligations of whatever kind then subsisting of the existing air company in relation to the undertaking.
(2) Any lands, works, aircraft, assets or other property vesting in the Corporation under sub-section (1) shall by force of such vesting be freed and discharged from all trusts, obligations, mortgages, charges, liens and other encumbrances affecting it, and any attachment, injunction or any other order of a court restricting the use of such property in any manner shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
(3) Subject to the other provisions contained in this Act, all contracts and working arrangements which are subsisting immediately before the appointed date and affecting any of the existing air companies shall, in so far as they relate to the undertaking of that company, cease to have effect or be enforceable against that company or any person who was surety or had guaranteed the performance thereof, and shall be of as full force and effect against or in favour of the Corporation in which the undertaking has vested by virtue of this Act and enforceable as fully and effectually as if, instead of the company, the Corporation had been named therein or had been a party thereto.
(4) Subject to the other provisions contained in this Act, any proceeding or cause of action pending or existing immediately before the appointed date by or against any of the existing air companies in relation to its undertaking may as from that date be continued and enforced by or against the Corporation in which it has vested by virtue of this Act as it might have been enforced by or against that company if this Act had not been passed, and shall cease to be enforceable by or against that company, its surety or guarantor.