70. EFFECT OF CERTIFICATE OF FITNESS GRANTED TO ADOLESCENT. –
(1) An adolescent who has been granted a certificate of fitness to work in a factory as an adult under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 69, and who while at work in a factory carries a token giving reference to the certificate, shall be deemed to be an adult for all the purposes of Chapters VI and III.
No female adolescent or a male adolescent who has not attained the age of seventeen years but who has been granted a certificate of fitness to work in a factory as an adult, shall be required or allowed to work in any factory except between 6 A.M. and 7 P.M. :
Provided that the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, in respect of any factory or group or class or description of factories –
(i) vary the limits laid down in this sub-section so, however, that no such section shall authorise the employment of any female adolescent between 10 P.M. and 5 A.M.;
(ii) grant exemption from the provisions of this sub-section in case of serious emergency where national interest is involved.
(2) An adolescent who has not been granted a certificate of fitness to work in a factory as an adult under the aforesaid clause (b) shall, notwithstanding his age, be deemed to be a child for all the purposes of
1. The proviso and the Explanation omitted by Act 20 of 1987, sec. 22 (w.e.f. 1-12-1987).
2. Ins. by Act 20 of 1987, sec. 22 (w.e.f. 1-12-1987).