Constitution of India
87. Special address by the President.
(1) At the commencement of 1[the first session after each general election to the House of the People and at the commencement of the first session of each year] the President shall address both Houses of Parliament assembled together and inform Parliament of the causes of its summons.
(2) Provision shall be made by the rules regulating the procedure of either House for the allotment of time for discussion of the matters referred to in such address 2[***].
1. Subs. by s. 7, the Constitution (First Amendment) Act, 1951, for “every session”.
2. The words “and for the precedence of such discussion over other business of the House” omitted by the Constitution (First Amendment) Act, 1951, s. 7.