MyNation KnowledgeBase

Landmark Judgments and Articles on Law

Whether court can convict accused of an offence, U/S 302 read with S 149 of IPC if he was acquitted U/S 302 read with 148 of IPC?

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CRIMINAL APPELLATE JURISDICTION CRIMINAL APPEAL NO. 120 OF 2008 Md. Ankoos & Ors. …Appellants Versus The Public Prosecutor, High Court of A.P. …Respondent JUDGEMENT R.M. Lodha, J. Five persons were done to death in the intervening night of October…

Whether accused can claim that they were discharged from offence if they were discharged from custody on application of investigating officer?

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA Criminal Appeal No. 813 of 2019 Decided On: 01.05.2019 Rajesh and Ors. Vs. State of Haryana Hon’ble Judges/Coram: L. Nageswara Rao and M.R. Shah, JJ. Citation: MANU/SC/0649/2019 1. Leave granted. 2. Feeling aggrieved and dissatisfied with the impugned judgment…

Whether court can convict accused with the aid of Section 149 of IPC even if it has not framed specific charge U/S 149 of IPC against accused?

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA Criminal Appeal No. 408 of 2007 Decided On: 21.04.2009 Anna Reddy Sambasiva Reddy Vs. State of Andhra Pradesh Hon’ble Judges/Coram: D.K. Jain and R.M. Lodha, JJ. Citation: MANU/SC/0640/2009,(2009) 12 SCC 546, AIR 2009 SC 2661. R.M. Lodha, J. 1….

Whether the court should give Divorce on the ground of Adultery if the husband alleges that the wife had sex before Marriage?

IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI Date of Decision: 12.06.2020 MAT.APP.(F.C.) 327/2019 & C.M. No.53990/2019 VISHAL SINGH Vs PRIYA @ PIHU CORAM: HON’BLE MS. JUSTICE HIMA KOHLI HON’BLE MS. JUSTICE ASHA MENON 1. The present appeal has been filed by Shri Vishal…

SC : Accused has the right to challenge a finding of guilt against him in an appeal against conviction even if he has not filed an appeal

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CRIMINAL APPELLATE JURISDICTION CRIMINAL APPEAL NO. 1894/2010 State of Rajasthan …Appellant(s) Versus Mehram & Ors. …Respondent(s) JUDGMENT A.M. Khanwilkar, J. 1. This appeal takes exception to the judgment and order dated 5.11.2007 passed by the High Court of Judicature…

Whether Magistrate can consider charge-sheet filed on 91st day for denying default bail to accused if 90th day was a holiday?

IN THE HIGH COURT OF BOMBAY (AURANGABAD BENCH) Criminal Appeal No. 253 of 1999 Decided On: 06.03.1999 Naresh @ Nana Baliram Sonwane Vs. State of Maharashtra Hon’ble Judges/Coram:R.G. Deshpande, J. Citations: 2000 (5) BomCR 382, 2000 BomCR Cri, 1999 (3) MhLj 631 1. Rule is…

Cancel Arrest warrant and release impounded Passport

IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT BOMBAY CRIMINAL APPELLATE JURISDICTION WRIT PETITION NO. 4208 OF 2019 Manohar R. Sharma and ors. … Petitioners V/s. Union of India and ors. … Respondents Ms Armin Wandrewala i/b Mr. Ameya V. Borwankar for the Petitioners. Mr. D.P….

Whether accused can be convicted U/S 307 of IPC in absence of Foundational facts?

IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT PATNA CRIMINAL REVISION No. 401 of 2018 Arising Out of PS Case No.-71 Year-2006 Thana- BISFI District- Madhubani Md. Nazir Son of Md. Siddique, Resident of Village- Jagwan East, P.S.- Bisfi, District- Madhbuani…. … Petitioner/s Versus 1. The…

Examination Of Witnesses In The Absence Of Accused Is A Curable Irregularity

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CRIMINAL APPELLATE JURISDICTION CRIMINAL APPEAL Nos.656-657 OF 2019 (Arising out of Special Leave Petition (Criminal) No.809-810 of 2019) ATMA RAM AND ORS. …Appellants VERSUS STATE OF RAJASTHAN …Respondent J U D G M E N T Uday Umesh Lalit,…

Vague and Omnibus allegations 498a quashed

IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUDICATURE AT PATNA Criminal Miscellaneous No.30720 of 2013 Arising Out of PS.Case No. -412 Year- 2013 Thana -M ADHUBANI COMPLAINT CASE District- MADHUBANI 1. Anjani Kumar Choudhary @ Anjani Kumar S/o Sri Sukhdeo Choudhary @ Sukhdeo Jha Resident of Village-…

Not found ...? HOW TO WIN 498a, DV, DIVORCE; Search in Above link

MyNation Times Magzine

All Law documents and Judgment copies
Laws and Bare Acts of India
Important SC/HC Judgements on 498A IPC
Rules and Regulations of India.


Copyright © 2021 MyNation KnowledgeBase

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation