The Industries (Development And Regulation) Act, 1951
18B. Effect of notified order under section 18A
1[18B. Effect of notified order under section 18A. (1) On the issue of a notified order section 18A authorizing the taking over of the management of an industrial undertaking.
(a) All the persons in charge of the management, including persons holding office as managers or directors or the industrial undertaking immediately before the issue of the notified order, shall be deemed to have vacated their officers as such.
(b) Any contract of management between the industrial undertaking and any managing agent or any director thereof holding office as such immediately before the issue of the notified order shall be deemed to have terminated;
(c) The managing agent, if ay appointed under section 18A, shall be deemed to have been duly appointed as the managing agent in pursuance of the Indian Companies Act, 1913, (7 of 1913)2, and the memorandum and articles of association of the industrial undertaking, and the provisions of the said Act and of the memorandum and articles shall, subject to the other provisions contained in this Act, apply accordingly, but no such managing agent shall be removed from office except with the previous consent of the Central Government.
(d) The person or body of persons authorized under section 18A to take over the management shall take all such steps as may be necessary to take into his or their custody or control all the property, effects and actionable claims to which the industrial undertaking is or appears to be entitled, and all the property and effects of the industrial undertaking shall be deemed to be in the custody of the person or, as the case may be, the body of persons as from the date of the notified order; and
(e) The persons, if any, authorized under section 18A to take over the management of an industrial undertaking which is a company shall be for all purposes the directors of the industrial undertaking duly constituted under the Indian Companies Act, 1913 (7 of 1913)3 and shall alone be entitled to exercise all the powers of the directors of the industrial undertaking, whether such powers are derived from the said Act or from the memorandum or articles of association of the industrial undertaking or from any other source.
(2) Subject to the other provisions contained in this Act and to the control of the Central Government, the person or body of persons authorized to take over the management of an industrial undertaking, shall take such steps, as may be necessary for the purpose of efficiently managing the business of the industrial undertaking and shall exercise such other powers and have such other powers and have such other duties as may be prescribed.
(3) Where any person or body of persons has been authorized to exercise any functions of control in relation to an industrial undertaking, the undertaking shall be carried on pursuant to any directions give by the authorized person in accordance with the provisions of the notified order, and any person having any functions of management in relation to the undertaking or part thereof shall comply with all such directions.
(4) The person or body of persons authorized under section 4[18A] shall, notwithstanding anything in the memorandum or articles of association of the industrial undertaking, exercise his or their functions in accordance with such directions as may be give by the Central Government so, however, that he or they shall not have any power to give any other person any directions under this section inconsistent with the provisions of any Act or instrument determining the functions of the authority carrying on the undertaking except in so far as may be specifically provided by the notified order].
1. Ins. by Act 26 of 1953, sec. 13 (w.e.f. 01-10-1953).
2. See now the Companies Act, 1956, (1 of 1956).
3. See now the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956).
4. Subs. by Act 36 of 1957, sec. 3 and Sch. II for “18”.